To increase the general understanding of percussion and the purpose of percussion in the music program as well as to develop technical skills not usually covered in the typical band class.
To create a section of percussionists that can work together as a section with all of the technical and musical skills necessary to go above and beyond our duties in the band.
- Bonding with percussionists inside and outside of your band class
- Learning technique and other musical skills specific to percussionists that are not typically taught in the classroom.
- Being exposed to as well as performing pieces written specifically for a percussion ensemble.
- Increasing skills on all percussion instruments rather than just one or two
The mission of flute choir is to create more opportunities for flautist at Oxon Hill High School to improve their musical skills. We will succeed by productive practices, performing quality music, and teamwork.
- To improve the musical ability of the flute players.
- To encourage students to join the Oxon Hill High School instrumental music department.
- To perform for numerous occasions
- To establish a family among the flute players at Oxon Hill High School
The Brass Ensemble started in the Fall of 2010 under the direction of Ms. Elizabeth Palmer. The Brass Ensemble was established with the purpose of giving brass students an opportunity to explore a variety of music outside of the classroom and to give students an opportunity to perform in a chamber setting; allowing students to grow and mature as musicians. In this setting, students are able to perform on their secondary instruments and are encouraged to step outside of their comfort zones in order to traverse a greater musical landscape. Our ensemble is about personal and professional growth.The ensembles repertoire includes sacred, secular, ceremonial, and popular songs.
The goal of Saxophone Choir is to promote the growth of each saxophonist as a solo player, as well to build the skills necessary for larger ensemble performances.
- Development of technical skills and confidence
- Solo Experience & Live performances
- More individual instruction
- Greater musical literacy
- Comradeship among section